Thursday, August 16, 2007

I heart him


and her...

(beautiful Rachel and sweaty me)

I got to see Rocco and the boys again last night in Nashville. It had to be the best show yet! They were on fire and the crowd was awesome. It's the first show I've been to that was sold out and everyone knew all the words. The guys were as gracious as ever and spent time with some of the fans after the show. Rachel is a friend of Rocco's and works the merchandise booth, we first met in Philly and got to spend time together last night. I hooked her up with red wine and she hooked me up with an autographed poster of the boys. She is a such a sweet girl and the boys are lucky to have her. I hope they bring her around for the next tour.

I almost forgot to mention that I almost didn't get into the concert last night. I got up to the bouncer and he asked for id, but I couldn't find it!!! Now, imagine....I didn't sleep the night before, had to get up at 4 a.m. to travel to Nashville, get all the way up to the door after waiting in 104 degree temperature for 45 mins. and this idiot tells me he can't let me in! Those of you who know me, know I wasn't going down without a fight. I "politely" mentioned that I flew in from Philly, I was 38 freaking years old, woke up at 4 a.m. and he was letting me in! I had to bring out some good ole Philly influence. So the bouncer who is about 3 times my size says, "fine, but you can't drink". HAHAHAHAHAHA. I eventually found my id and ran it back out to him just to show him that I was in fact 38 and he was an idiot.

I drug Jayne along with me and she was a real trooper (altought she almost died when I started to go at it with the bouncer). Because she was such a good sport, I bought her a pack of RDB rolling papers! It was soooo HOT in the place, as well as, being smoky. We both had to take showers when we got home. GROSS!!! We didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. and had to be up for a 7:45 a.m. conf. call. We are both hurting today. Before the show last night, we had dinner at a place called Chappy's and it was to die for! The owner/chef, Chappy, was from NOLA but lost everything during Katrina. He moved to Nashville and opened up a New Orleans style restaurant and I have to tell you it was incredible. I had duck in a cherry sauce with lump crabmeat on top. I honestly did not want my meal to end. Tonight we are just going to stay in and have dinner here. I have a feeling we are both going to be going to bed early tonight!

Ciao.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show Buddy! :)

Anonymous said...

A legitimate shout-out to little old me?? Who can believe it! Thanks so much, for hanging out and keeping me company AND for not making your own shirts. Oh yes, and for supporting the boys!!