Sunday, July 29, 2007

Volunteering

I've spent the past 3 days volunteering in one capacity or another. Thursday night was my first night working at my local PetSmart with the Northeast Animal Rescue. PetSmart provided NAR with a cat/kitten facility. My job was to play with the kittens and pet the older cats. Of course, I wanted to bring everyone last one of them home with me. However, considering Charlie and Selma barely tolerate each other I hardly think they'd welcome any new additions.

Friday, I spent the day helping MLPA with 3 classes they were teaching at CKC. Had lots of fun, but it was exhausting. It's tough having to be nice and pleasant all day!

Saturday, Steph and I roamed around the city plastering Rocco Deluca concert posters up in record stores, coffee shops, etc. It was kinda fun and most of the merchants were accommodating. Rocco is finally headlining at the TLA. This will be the third time we are seeing him. Anyone who likes great vocals, lyrics and bad-ass guitar playing should check him out. You can listen to his music here. PS - he's cute too! How could you not love a carpet of Rocco???

We also stopped at Loop to check out some yarn. They gave us an awesome pattern for a scarf so we bought the yarn and needles to make it. Now, this scarf is going to be a challenge for me. It calls for a very, very small needle. Since most of you know I'm not the Patron Saint of Patience this project should be interesting. They also carry the same yarns that I bought in The Hamptons -- excited about that.

Finally spending a weekend at home, which is nice. Cathching up on some chores, cat cuddling and planning for SAVE.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah you . . .volunteering is good for the soul. see you soon!
denise